Random House logo

Charles Ghigna - Father Goose®

the author of more than 100 award-winning books from Random House, Disney, Hyperion, Time Inc.,

Scholastic, Simon & Schuser, Capstone, Boyds Mills, Abrams, Orca, Charlesbridge and other publishers.

Real Books vs E-Books

Real books need no satellites.
They’re never out of range.
Real books keep on going
With no batteries to change.

Real books are like best friends,
Waiting when you need them.
Real books are the real thing,
Just open up and read them.


© 2010 Charles Ghigna

4 comments:

Author Amok said...

We haven't gone to e-books yet at our house, Charles. The real thing is too sensory an experience to give up!

Mary Lee said...

Huzzah for real books!

laurasalas said...

Love those opening two lines especially, Charles! I confess I love the idea of having hundreds of thousands of poems (for instance) available on some handheld device for travel or keeping in my purse...but I can't see anything replacing paper books for me...

Charles Ghigna said...

Thank you! I agree! ;-)