Random House logo

Charles Ghigna - Father Goose®

the author of more than 100 award-winning books from Random House, Disney, Hyperion, Time Inc.,

Scholastic, Simon & Schuser, Capstone, Boyds Mills, Abrams, Orca, Charlesbridge and other publishers.

"My Christmas Wreath" by Debra Ghigna


See the wreath on my front door.
I never made a wreath before--
Till yesterday. It wasn't hard.
I gathered acorns from my yard
And prickly pinecones off the ground.
I fastened all of them around
A circle trimmed in evergreen,
Then tied a bow of velveteen
And hung it in the winter sun.
I thought my Christmas wreath was done,
Until the wind began to blow
And decorated it with snow.


from Christmas Is Coming!
by Charles and Debra Ghigna

1 comment:

Amy L V said...

This is such a festive poem...I adore all of the nature coming together and then Mother Nature surprising us at the end too! It reminds me of all of the wreaths my mother used to make when I was a girl. A.