Random House logo

Charles Ghigna - Father Goose®

the author of more than 100 award-winning books from Random House, Disney, Hyperion, Time Inc.,

Scholastic, Simon & Schuser, Capstone, Boyds Mills, Abrams, Orca, Charlesbridge and other publishers.



Rain

In the country
In the town
Raindrops falling
All around

Watching from my windowsill
I hear thunder on the hill
I see lightning in the sky
I see storm clouds passing by

I see sunbeams shining through
I see gray skies turning blue
I see rainbows overhead
I see yellow green and red

I make a wish and close my eyes
I hear thunder in the skies
I see dark clouds moving in
I see trees blow in the wind

In the country
In the town
Raindrops falling
All around

I like sleeping when it rains
Softly on my windowpanes
And when the evening rain is through
I make wishes that come true





©Charles Ghigna

10 comments:

Diane Mayr said...

So nice. So summer. I like sleeping when it rains
Softly on my windowpanes
And I also like listening to thunder while under a blanket--it's less scary!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Lovely! Just fits the rainy day here.

Bridget Magee said...

I love the sight of "sunbeams shining through" - makes me think heavenly thoughts. Great summertime rain poem. =)

Books4Learning said...

Wonderful poem! I love the flow and rhythm.

Tamera Will Wissinger said...

Thank you for this poem, Charles. It's perfect for my rainy Saturday morning! And I love your double rainbow photo...magical!

Linda said...

I love it! "softly on my windowpanes"- so soothing. : )

Ruth said...

I like rain, too! Lovely poem!

Charles Ghigna said...

Thank you to all my rainy day friends for dropping in!

Joy said...

Charles,
To celebrate two years of posting a children's poem each day on my blog, I'm giving away a POETRY FRIDAY ANTHOLOGY FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL t-shirt. If you'd like the shirt, visit my blog at www.poetryforkidsjoy.blogspot.com

JOY

Charles Ghigna said...

Thanks, Joy! Will do! CONGRATS on writing a new poem EVERY day for two years! The Muse loves you. Me too! ;-) Love the shirt!