Random House logo

Charles Ghigna - Father Goose®

the author of more than 100 award-winning books from Random House, Disney, Hyperion, Time Inc.,

Scholastic, Simon & Schuser, Capstone, Boyds Mills, Abrams, Orca, Charlesbridge and other publishers.

A Riddle Poem



What’s in a Rainbow?

What's in a rainbow, but not in a wish?
What's in a spoon, but not in a dish?
What's in the morning and every night,
But never in ever -- and out of sight?



(Give up?  Scroll down for the answer).







scrolling...






scrolling...







scrolling...









scrolling...



























(Answer!  -- the letter "N")





©Charles Ghigna

5 comments:

Matt Forrest Esenwine said...

I'm so proud of myself - I got it without looking! You know what...you reminded me of something! I wrote a very similar poem eons ago - perhaps I'll post that for PF!

Anonymous said...

You are so very clever, Father Goose. Happy Friday!

Michelle Heidenrich Barnes said...

Was onto you the whole time. ;) As a kid, you would have gotten me though!

Mary Lee said...


i love this kind of riddle! Once you've been stumped by one, you aren't usually stumped again.

Your images are very provocative!

Tabatha said...

This poem seems great for memorizing! Nice work, FG!