Random House logo

Charles Ghigna - Father Goose®

the author of more than 100 award-winning books from Random House, Disney, Hyperion, Time Inc.,

Scholastic, Simon & Schuser, Capstone, Boyds Mills, Abrams, Orca, Charlesbridge and other publishers.

A Poem is a Little Path

A poem is a little path

That leads you through the trees.

It takes you to the cliffs and shores,

To anywhere you please.


Follow it and trust your way

With mind and heart as one,

And when the journey’s over,

You’ll find you’ve just begun.



from The 20th Century Children's Poetry Treasury ©Charles Ghigna

photo of my grandson, Christopher Pierce ©Scott Pierce

3 comments:

Unknown said...

this is a gr8 poem.....so simple, yet so profound....u r an inspiration to me

Anonymous said...

This poem reflects how I work with poetry. I use poetry as a means to clear the cobwebs of my mind and i find myself discovering more about myself though poetry.

Shoshana said...

This drew a smile!