Random House logo

Charles Ghigna - Father Goose®

the author of more than 100 award-winning books from Random House, Disney, Hyperion, Time Inc.,

Scholastic, Simon & Schuser, Capstone, Boyds Mills, Abrams, Orca, Charlesbridge and other publishers.

If I Were Robert Frost

I'd pray that my soft words 
would fall like snow,
blank white verse
upon the countryside
of your heart,
would fill the forest
of your dreams with light
and quietly lead you
through the trees
to our own 
endless road
not taken.



©Charles Ghigna

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow very nice!

Renee LaTulippe said...

Swoon! You smooth talker, you! Just lovely. :)

jama said...

Beautiful, Charles. Perfect image to go with your lovely words. :)

laurasalas said...

Ohhh...perfect with our fresh snow from last night. Love that "blank white verse upon the countryside of your heart."

Carol said...

Beautiful! I wish I knew someone to give it to!

Ruth said...

What a gorgeous poem! I read it aloud to my daughter and she liked it too. :-)

Mary Lee said...

Lovely.

Ramona said...

Your poem took my breath away. I look forward to sharing it with my students.

Linda B said...

This could be for so many loved ones, Charles. How beautiful to imagine writing the words like Frost, but connecting to those close.

Charles Ghigna said...

Thanks for your kind, generous comments. You know I'm a big fan and follower of yours too!

BJ Lee said...

Beautiful, Charles! Loved your *frosty* words!

Amy LV said...

Charles, one of my absolute Charles-favorites. Beautiful! Just beautiful. a.

Charles Ghigna said...

Thank you, B.J. and Amy! Such high praise from such praiseworthy poets!